I know this sounds like a duplicate of
JRA-7659, but that one is about the perfect generic solution to the user picker problem.
This issue here is about a basic (small) but necessary improvement: don't show users who don't have access to jira!
Most people will benefit from it, since almost any jira instance will have some old users accounts floating around, which have no access to the instance anymore (because they left the company, or...). It is even possible to select Portal Only customer as a reporter and project roles for non-Jira Service Desk issues.
- Invite User as a Portal Only customer
- Go to Project Settings
- Click on People and add People.
- Type a Portal only customer and add any roles.
- "GG" audit Log
- Invite User to your instance (and revoke access to Jira) or as a Portal Only customer
- Create an issue
- Select the User who doesn't have Jira access or Portal Only customer as the reporter
- User who doesn't have Jira access or Portal Only customer isn't visible through the reporter/user picker list
- User who doesn't have Jira access or Portal Only customer can't be assign to Project Roles
- User who doesn't have Jira access or Portal Only customer can be added on Project Roles
- They can also be assigned to any Roles
- Audit Log show the portal only customers ID Starting with "qm:..."
- User who doesn't have Jira access or Portal Only customer able to be selected as the reporter (even for non-Jira Service Desk issues)
Hide or Restrict the Portal Only Customer/User without access from appearing on projects where they shouldn't be.