If "Assign issue" permission is not provided to Portal Customers, they will be unable to share request with other customers.
- Create a Service Desk Project
- Grant User's Permission to share request to anyone.
- Go to the permission scheme and remove the "Assign Issue Permission" from "Service desk customer - portal access" role
- Logged as a Portal Customer, create a request and try to share it.
Once you enter the email address of the person you want to share the request with, you hit "Add" and the participant should be included on the ticket.
Hitting "Add" will not include the other user as a participant. The error message below shows in the network tab / HAR file:
- JIRA Service Desk will detect this permission inconsistency and will show a pop-up window, suggesting the resolution of the issue.
- Manually Add 'Service desk customer - portal access' role to the permission scheme