Currently, the Email processor from under the Global Mail Settings will filter out:
- auto-replied emails
- mails marked as spam
- delivery status notifications
- emails originating from a JIRA instance
In certain situations, automatically generated emails from alarm systems or automatically forwarded emails, can have a different value than "no" set for the Auto-Submitted header of the email.
This will cause the email to get filtered out and not get further processed.
The AutoReplyMailFilter filter will prevent these kind of emails from creating issues in Service Desk.
Please provide an option to white-list email addresses to prevent them from being discarded as invalid emails under the Service Desk Email settings.
Alternatively, provide an option to disable any of the above mentioned mail filters from the Service Desk Email settings section
NB: This workaround is not possible in Atlassian Cloud.
- Navigate to Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-ons
- Look for JIRA Service Desk plugin and expand the section
- Expand the XXX of XXX modules enabled
- Disable these responsible modules of Service Desk:
- SD Bulk filter(sdBulkFilter) for messages marked as spam
- SD sent from JIRA filter(sdJiraFilter) for messages originating from a JIRA instance
- SD auto reply filter(sdAutoReplyFilter) for messages with a different value than "no" set for the Auto-Submitted header
The provided workaround will apply to all emails processed by the filter, which can cause incorrectly created issues. Being able to white-list addresses should prevent this from happening.