Sprint Burndown gadget does not load any data on the dashboard.
Sometimes it's possible to make it load, but it's intermittent and doesn't seems to have anything else related.
It could be caused by the chromium bug. What causes some of the requests could not be performed by the web browser. It is because of insufficient resources.
To see the fix make sure to run jira-software-application using
- JIRA 7.11.0
- Add couple(6 or more) Sprint Burndown gadget to the dashboard,
- In gadget's configuration, select the board with the current active Sprint and refresh interval is 15 minutes, Save,
- Enable developer console
- Refresh the page
The gadget should load the data
In the console log and developer tools you can find this error:
- If you are the owner of the Dashboard: Click Edit -> Cancel on the gadget configuration.
- If you are not, you can either:
- Copy that dashboard and then click Edit -> Cancel button Or
- Ask the owner of the board to change the Refresh Interval of the gadget to 15 minutes, the data will be loaded after 15 minutes.
- Decrease the number of gadgets on the board,
- Switch to another web browser like Firefox
This happens mainly on Google Chrome, also verified in Safari and IE.
Note that the issue has also been observed on Firefox by customers, so switching to Firefox is not guaranteed to resolve the issue.