NOTE: This suggestion is for Confluence Cloud. Using Confluence Server? See the corresponding suggestion.
The mail error queue is currently useless.
- You have no indication what the error is
- All you can do is "resend all" or "delete all"
We need to work on the same principles as an MTA.
- If an error is permanent, give up and log the error somewhere.
- If an error is transient, put it on a queue to resend after a few hours.
- If a transient error keeps happening for a certain amount of time, give up and log the error somewhere.
Also useful would be:
- Keep track of users whose mail fails repeatedly, and stop sending them anything. Flag the account, and have a big note on their profile page saying "Notifications are currently disabled for this account due to repeated mail delivery failures. Please turn notifications back on on your notifications preferences page."
- Mail fails with 'was not a permissible recipient' error should go to Error Queue
- Notification email queue should persist across restarts of Confluence (
CONFCLOUD-3556 Notification email queue should persist across restarts of Confluence
- is related to
JRACLOUD-7873 Improve the error mail queue
CONFSERVER-3231 Fix the mail error queue
- Gathering Interest