Portal users cannot access knowledge base on a cloud instance that authenticates via https://id.atlassian.com.
- On an instance with SSO enabled (id.atlassian.com), create a service desk project linked with a Confluence knowledge base.
- Enable unlicensed access : Project Settings > Knowledge base > All active users and customers can access the knowledge base without a Confluence license.
- Create a portal only user via the Customers page in the Service Desk project.
- Let the portal only user log in the portal.
- Access the direct link to the knowledge base article (ie https://<instance>.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SK/KP_Page).
Portal only user should be able to open the page.
Portal only user will be requested to authentic via SSO (id.atlassian.com). Login will either fail or reply with a permission error :
Share the knowledge articles as comments in the service desk ticket.
On the Service Desk agent interface :
- Access the ticket : https://<instancename>.atlassian.net/browse/<TicketID>.
- Click on an article under Related knowledge base articles or click on Search for Knowledge Base to search for an article.
- Click "Share as a Comment"
On the Service Desk portal user interface :
- The link will be displayed in the comment.
- Click on the link and a view of the article will be shown within Service Desk.