Thank you for sharing your feedback. We evaluated this ticket and understand that this is something we need to work on. However, we will not be able to prioritise this at the moment as there are other items in the short term roadmap which are higher priority. We will definitely get back to you once we pick this up in our short term roadmap.
Sushant Koshy, Product Manager, Jira Service Management
NOTE: This suggestion is for JIRA Service Desk Cloud. Using JIRA Service Desk Server? See the corresponding suggestion.
Currently, Assignee field is hidden from the portal.
Allow to set Assignee field to be visible by the customers in read-only mode
Why this is important
In some cases, we would like to make the Assignee to be visible. Example:
- Show Assignee field on "Account Access" requests, so the internal users know who is the user to follow up with if the request hasn't been updated.
This add-on allows showing additional fields and stats in the customer portal such as assignee, time spent and who's viewing the page.
Another alternative is to use Forms feature:
- You can create a new form and add to it a single-user type field
- Set the form to link a Jira field to it, selecting Assignee Jira default field
- Then, on Form Settings, you may enable "Request form" and "Create new issue" options - on this, you'll be asked to choose a Request type to be used as reference
- After the above, whenever a customer raises a ticket using the selected Request Type, the new form will be used to be filled, what means Assignee field will be shown as selectable
Client would like a way to add assignee as a VISIBLE field and not just a hidden field on customer view.