The customers (both portal-only customers and the ones having Atlassian account) can see the issues in the public Jira projects when they are not logged in to JIRA Service Desk portal. Once they login to the JIRA Service Desk portal, however, they can't any longer view the issues in the public Jira projects. Keeps on getting redirected to the JIRA Service Desk portal.
- Create or use a public Jira project.
- View an existing issue in the publicly accessible Jira project via a browser where you're not signed in to any Atlassian cloud product.
- Issue views successfully.
- In the same browser, open another tab and log in with an existing portal-only customer in a Jira service desk portal of the same public project.
- Try to view the same issue again from step#: 2
- You will be redirected to the Jira service desk portal.
- (Optional) - Migrate the portal-only-user to the Atlassian account.
- Repeat steps 2-6 again
The publicly accessible project issues should be accessible in both cases i.e. When the portal-only customer account is logged into the portal or not logged in.
The publicly accessible project issues are accessible only when the customer is not logged into the portal.
A possible workaround could be to use two different browsers until this bug is fixed. One browser window to login to the portal and another browser to view the public issues. Alternatively, the same browser can be used with one standard window and another private browsing (incognito) to view public issues.