As a Project Administrator, I would like to have the ability to display a different URL for JIRA Service Desk (e.g. support.company.com) instead of jira.xxx.com
In JIRA Service Desk, customers must access JIRA by using a Service Desk URL, which can sometimes be quite a long path, depending on the portal.
- Create the ability to have a Short URL option on the portal, (like short url's in Confluence pages)
- Create the ability to have customisable short URL's that could point to different portals in JIRA Service Desk.
- Create the ability to have this configured per project and global
If implemented, the solution should cover scenarios with Data Center and SSO setups
Use a Reverse Proxy or URL redirect service external from JIRA.
Another workaround is described in How to customize customer portal URL in JIRA Service Desk Server
- Please ensure you test this first on your test instance before you implement on your production.
- Please also note that Atlassian does not support this customization.