Currently, the documentation is wrongly stating that: "Shared filters can be updated by the Jira administrator."
- However, as a Jira administrator if I'm not the owner of the filter I will receive the following error:
- Additionally, I cannot change the owner through REST API.
- The REST API endpoint Update filter provides the body parameter owner but this cannot be used, currently, to change the owner.
- Provide the functionality to change the owner through REST API.
- Or provide the functionality to update sharePermissions value without verifying ownership of the filter.
- Or, fix the documentation.
- Currently, as a Jira administrator, I cannot update the filter configuration (for example sharePermissions value) if I'm not the owner of the filter.
- If the functionality is provided, the Jira administrator will be able to bulk update sharePermissions value if he notice that filters are shared with anyone or with any logged in user.
- Since a Jira administrator can do the change through the UI, it would be useful to have this functionality through REST.
- The endpoint Update filter will be richer, more useful and more efficient.
- Currently, there is no workaround.