- You are restricted from viewing all Service Desk related project administration settings (Request types, Request security, Portal settings etc until Automation) despite you are an Agent and Admin who should be able to do so
- In each Service Desk Project Permission Scheme, the Service Desk Agent project permission is missing.
- Buttons for Queues, Customers, Reports etc are missing from the project navigation bar (left panel)
- In JIRA Administration > Applications, the section for JIRA Service Desk's Configuration and Email requests is also missing
- In atlassian-servicedesk.log or atlassian-jira.log while browsing the Service Desk project, error below is seen
- Restore a backup from Cloud into JIRA 7.2.x and Service Desk 3.2.x.
- Navigate to an existing Service Desk project, or create a new Service Desk project.
- Click on the Project Settings button and click to view Request types or other Service Desk related project administration settings.
This same symptom can also be caused by
, specifically if JIRA Service Desk cannot fully start up, certain functionality will work and others not work. It will appear as installed, but these same behaviours fail. Please verify if you're affected by JSD-4190 as it may be that bug instead. JSD-4190
Upon restoring a Cloud backup, running the following SQL queries to delete the Cloud-related email channels will help recover the Agent permission:
- For PostgreSQL:
- For other database types: