When moving an issue between Service Desk Projects, if the root Customer Request Type of the issue doesn't exist in the target project, the Customer Request Type will be set to "No Match" which will cause the issue to become invisible in the Customer Portal.
Also, when searching for issues through JQL:
The query will not result in issues that have been moved as they will issue still have the reference from the old request type in the database.
- Create two Service Desk projects
- Set two different Request Types between the projects
- In the Customer Portal, create an issue in the project A using a request type that doesn't exist in project B
- Move the issue to the Project B.
- The Customer Request Type of the issue will be set to "No Match" and the issue will no longer be visible through the Customer Portal
When moving an issue to the other project, it should have an option to select the new Customer Request Type which you want to set your issue, if the target project doesn't have a Request Type with the same name of the root project.
The issue is moved without the Customer Request Type and with a reference from the old Customer Request Type from the root project in the database.