JSD-1491 describes an issue as Resolved wherein subsequent email replies to an email linked to Service Desk creation are creating duplicate SD issues. It notes the fix version for OD as 2.4-OD-04.
We are running JIRA Service Desk v3.0.0-OD-02-001-D20150907T065544, and are still having this issue.
- Set up SD instance using firstname.lastname@example.org for customers to email, and SD issues to be auto-created
- Customer finds issue, emails email@example.com with subject "Foo Is Broken", and CC's 3 other people, SD-1 issue is created with Foo Is Broken title
- One of the CC'd users replies to the email thread, including firstname.lastname@example.org as a recipient, "Re: Foo Is Broken" becomes subject of the email thread
- Replying person's email content from step 3 is added as a comment to the SD-1 issue, no duplicates issues are created
- Replying person's email from step 3 creates SD-2 with Re: Foo Is Broken title. SD-1 and SD-2 are not linked in any way. Content from replied email in SD-2 is not present in SD-1 and vice versa.
I'm not 100% certain, but it seems to be arising from "Re:" being added to the subject line of the email. This is extremely tedious to deal with.