When adding a comment to a JIRA Service Desk request, the @mention feature does not work for customers or request participants unless those users have permission to browse the project (basically being considered agents) or if they have made a comment on the issue.
- Install Service Desk
- Have a customer create a request
- As an administrator, view the issue in the Issue Navigator
- Type a comment and use the @mention feature to mention the customer
- A list of suggestions will appear which you can choose the customer or all the request participant, regardless if they have made a comment or not.
- A list of users appears but this list does not contain the customer or any request participants unless they have made a comment.
- Agents and collaborators do appear in the list. Any customers and request participants who are agents or collaborators will appear.
- Add them manually using markup and Service Desk will notify them as if you had used the normal @mention method:
- Have the participant make a comment, and he will be mention-able after that.