Resolution: Tracked Elsewhere
Severity 2 - Major
The element "Affected server" appears and functions like a Combobox but is missing the required ARIA role(s) and/or attribute(s).
- Launch the URL
- In the Portal select any service request such as (Get IT help, Desktop/Laptop support, Request new software, etc.)
- Keeping the screen reader on navigate to the "Affected server" Combobox.
In the "Raise a request" portal for any project, in the (Get IT help, Desktop/Laptop support, Request new software, etc.) modals, when the screen reader tries to interact with the Combobox for the "Affected server", it is announced as "Edit text". Additionally, the screen reader does not announce the current value of Combobox, drop down item names, or placeholder texts.
Few of the following labels and roles could be added to the following elements :
- A role="combobox" could be added to the <input> element.
- The dropdown menu should announce the label it is associated with.
- For this case, when the users focus to enter the Dropdown menu, it should announce content such as "Affected server". This will help the assistive technology user to understand the relation between the label and the dropdown menu.
- A working example for accessible Autocomplete Combobox could be found at: https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices-1.2/examples/combobox/combobox-autocomplete-list.html
Currently, there is no known workaround for this behaviour. A workaround will be added here when available.
Bug Ref: 744509
Bulldog Ref: JSMDC-12712