Status: Future Consideration (View Workflow)
Support reference count:19
When a customer already exists in a Service Desk, if I re-invite them using an email address, nothing happens. It will be silently ignored.
- Go to the 'Customers' page in a Service Desk
- Invite a customer, by clicking 'Invite', enter an email and click 'Send invites'
- The invite will be sent
- Do the same process again with the same email address
- A new invite email is send (if this process was done twice, is most likely because the first one didn't work) or warn the user that a customer with that email already exists and no email will be sent.
- No invite is sent, but I receive a message informing me this user is already a customer, but would I like to resend the invitation to this Service Desk
Depending on the type of invitation:
- The initial invitation containing the link to set a password will only ever be sent once, when the user is initially created. After this time, the Forgot password link can be used.
- Invitations to different Service Desks send a new invite email each time, and these are what can be re-sent.