Selecting a user with some fields in Jira does not work for some users, whose name matches the following:
- A short name & username with only 2 characters in sequence.
- There are lots of other users whose name contains exactly the same character sequence.
- The user picker field returns only a limited number of users based on autocomplete, (usually the 50 first match).
- In alphabetical order, the name is later than 50. (20. for some Jira fields) in the list returned by the autocomplete feature.
- Create a user called li.li and li.la
- Head to Project Settings > Users & Roles.
- Click Add User to a role.
- Search for the user li.li
Results will return for the user 'li.li'.
The result will show both 'li.la' and 'li.li' eventhough the search specified was 'li.li'. If 'li.li' appears last in a list of 50+ users, the user will not appear in the search at all.
Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available