Cannot set usernames with upper case letters as Component Leads for existing components.
- Create a username with upper- or mixed case in AD. For example: ROCKY;
- Sync the directory to JIRA;
- Create a component in any project - under Project Settings > Components and any user as the Lead;
- Once the component is created, click Edit under the 'Actions' menu;
- Search for the user created in AD to be the Component Lead;
User should be assigned as Component Lead.
When saving the user, it will throw an error:
- This error only affects editing Component Leads. Creating a new component using a mixed case Component Lead will work as expected.
- The problem affects Internal Directory users with mixed cases as well.
Use the JIRA REST API to edit the component and update the Component Lead:
We've also put together the following KB article that shows how to use PostMan to modify the Component Lead via the rest api: