It's not possible to edit the Component Lead and assign it to specific users whose usernames have been renamed before. Below error message is shown:
- Have a project and some Components.
- Have a user and rename it (i.e from John to A).
- Edit the component lead for a component and set it to the renamed user.
- Receive a "The user "username" does not exist." message.
Able to assign A as the new Component Lead for the selected component.
Update the component lead using REST API:
<user_name>, <JIRA_URL>, and <component_ID> are to be replaced accordingly
The command is to be run by a JIRA admin and he must authenticate using his admin_username and admin_password
In order to quickly get <component_ID> via REST API:
- Access this URL replacing <project_Key> with actual project key:
- Search for component/ and get the ID of the right component:
In this example the component with name "component 1" has ID 10200