After upgrading from JIRA 6.4.x / JIRA 7.0.10 to JIRA 7.1.0, gadgets title are showing as _MSG_gadget.xxxxxxx, MSG_gadget.activity., _MSG_gadget.filter and so on.
- JIRA 7.1.0
- Running JIRA over SSL/HTTPS
The following error appears in the atlassian-jira.log:
Configure JIRA to run over SSL/HTTPS using a self-signed certificate.
Gadget title show correctly.
Gadgets title keys are broken and appear as __MSG_gadget.xxxxxxx
- If you are experiencing issues with a self-signed certificates then follow the steps found here to import self-signed certificates.
- If you are experiencing issues related to JIRA not trusting an internal or unknown certificate authority then follow the steps found here for importing a certificate into the trust store to import the certificate authority certificate.
- If you are experiencing issues related to gadgets and SNI(Server Name Indication) you should watch
- If you are experiencing a different problem than those listed above please open a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact.
Due to the number of workarounds involved, we've written a KB for this. Please review How to fix gadget titles showing as __MSG_gadget.xxxxxxx for the appropriate steps to take to workaround the issue.