Thanks for your interest in this issue.
This request is considered a potential addition to our longer-term roadmap.
We'll typically review this request in about 12 months time, at which point we’ll consider whether we need to alter its status.
For the nearest future we've decided to prioritize other areas of the Jira Server roadmap, including:
- Performance and stability improvements
- Archiving projects for improved performance
- Optimising the use of custom fields
- Improving performance of boards
- Improving Jira notifications
- Allowing users to edit shared filters and dashboards
- Mobile app for Jira Server
As a work-around, you can use "@mentions" in the issue description to notify other users about the issue being created. They can then decide if they wish to watch the issue.
You can learn more about our approach to highly voted server suggestions here.
To learn more on how JAC suggestions are reviewed, see our updated workflow for server feature suggestions.
Jira Server Product Management