The default login page (http://jira-address.com/login.jsp) is shown or linked to when it should redirect the user to the SSO login page defined in the seraph-config.xml file.
- Configure the seraph-config.xml file as below:
- Start JIRA;
- This behavior can be seen with the following, but is likely to be shown in different use cases as well:
- Using a mobile device.
- When JIRA's sessions expire, clicking on the "Log back in" link.
- If you have two tabs open and click the "Log out" link in both, the second tab takes you to an "Already logged out" page with a bad "Log in again" link.
- Using the Issue Navigator with JQL while logged out.
- Opening an attachment from Jira Service Desk while logged out.
- Opening an issue while on the <BaseURL>/projects/<ProjectKey>/issues page.
Any requests to the http://jira-address.com/login.jsp URL should be directed to the SSO URL defined in the seraph configuration.
Following the steps above, the http://jira-address.com/login.jsp page is shown. The http://jira-address.com/login.jsp page can also be accessed directly from the browser (without having to be redirected there)
Redirect requests for the login page using a proxy rewrite rule. Here is an example for Apache ModRewrite:
In conjunction with this, disable the Login Gadget so it does not appear in Dashboards. The System Dashboards is visible without login so it is necessary to remove the gadget.
- Edit the file <JIRA_HOME_DIR>/jira-config.properties (create an empty file with this name if it does not exist)
- Add this line to the file:
- Save the file and restart JIRA