When creating a custom field via a connect app and setting it's value as link (using a template), the content of this field is not displayed as a hyperlink, whereas in old view this same field value is a clickable link.
- Create a custom field with a "link" template via a connect app.
- Follow the instructions in https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/getting-started-with-connect/ to set up the app
- In atlassian-connect.json, have code to make a link field
- You do not need the HTML file, as the custom field should appear as a field that you can add from Project Settings to an Issue Type
- create a snippet in Source in the Dev Console to generate options
- Use https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-custom-field-options--apps-/#api-rest-api-3-field-fieldkey-option-post 's code to create options for the field
- Look at the graphql request to adjust the code to meet your context
- Populate the value with an option
The field value is a clickable link
The field value is a label-like value
Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available