If you create a custom field in a team-managed (formerly next-gen) Project and the name already exists in the company-managed (formerly classic) global custom fields, using the field in a JQL search will break, causing any existing filters using this field to fail.
- Create a custom field in the global system settings (company-managed (formerly classic))
- Create a custom field with the same name in a team-managed (formerly next-gen) Project
The JQL basic and advanced search should recognize these are 2 different fields and continue to function accordingly.
Any existing filters using the company-managed (formerly classic) version of the field will break and going forward you can only query this field by using a different syntax that includes the field type
- Simply rename one of the custom fields so there are no duplicates
- Use a different syntax for the field reference in your JQL which includes the field type (eg. "Chocolate[Number]")
- Use the custom field id in the Advanced search instead of the custom field name