When users access a notification or a most recent action on an issue where the URL leads to a focuzed comment, Jira will ignore the setting of the "New Jira Issue View" of the "Labs" section of the user profile and will display the issue in the "old" issue view. This is also applicable to Next-gen projects (where it is expected that only the "New Jira Issue View" is available).
- Log in as a user on a Jira Cloud instance;
- Access a notification of a comment on an issue (for example);
- Jira respects the user setting for the "New Jira Issue View" on the "Labs" section of the user profile.
- The issue is opened in the "old" issue view.
- Delete everything after (including) the ? in the URL (Although this will "unfocus" the comment of the issue).