When trying to mention a user ( with @mention or [~mention] ) the user does not show up as an option. The specific user can't be mentioned by anyone on pages or comments.
- Create a page or comment
- Type "@user"
- You can select the desired user to mention
- The user doesn't show up as an option and cannot be mentioned
- This will also make it impossible to add the user individually on space permissions and page restrictions.
- This is a very specific bug, but the symptoms are common. If you can [~ mention, or if you are unable to mention more than a few specific users, this bug is not what you are dealing with.
- The specific user will not be able to mention any other user as well.
- First one:
- Second one:
- Go to the site's administration > Users > Select the user > change the User Role to Trusted, refresh the page and then, change it back to the previous role (Site administrator/Basic).