View File macro for Office files (tested with .doc and .xlsx) loading indefinitely when attachment is on different page
- Install or upgrade Confluence to version 7.10.x
- Create a page and attach .doc and .xlsx to that page
- Create a different page with View File macro and attempt to display the Office attachments from that first page with the view file macro.
- Load that page
View File Macro load Office files correctly.
View File macro for Office files (tested with .doc) loading indefinitely.
- Attach the file directly into the page using the Confluence file previewer to generate the thumbnail.
This requires downgrading the Office Connector plugin which may not be compatible with newer versions of Confluence and is not supported. However, this has been tested and it works with up to Confluence 7.10.X so far:
- Stop Confluence
- Copy/Download the OfficeConnector-11.2.1.jar from an older version of Confluence (i.e. 7.8.0)
- Place it in the confluence_install/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins/ folder.
- From the same folder, move the OfficeConnector-11.3.2.jar to another folder as backup.
- Start Confluence
Tested with OfficeConnector 11.4.0 from
CONFSERVER-60622 but this results in same issues.