View File macro for Office files (tested with .xlsx) loading indefinitely:
- Install or upgrade Confluence to version 7.9.x
- Follow the steps to Enable Edit in Office as a dark feature.
View File Macro load Office files correctly.
View File macro for Office files (tested with .xlsx) loading indefinitely.
- Remove enable.legacy.edit.in.office from Confluence dark feature:
- Use Companion Apps to edit files.
- Attach the file directly into the page using the Confluence file previewer to generate the thumbnail.
This requires downgrading the Office Connector plugin which may not be compatible with newer versions of Confluence and is not supported. However, this has been tested and it works with up to Confluence 7.9.3 so far:
- Stop Confluence
- Copy/Download the OfficeConnector-11.4.0.jar from an older version of Confluence (i.e. 7.8.0)
- Place it in the confluence_install/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins/ folder.
- From the same folder, move the OfficeConnector-11.3.2.jar to another folder as backup.
- Start Confluence
If using Docker a volume like such will suffice:
View File Macro loads PDF files correctly.