- Search for an image on the web
- Right click and choose copy
- Open the editor
- Right click and choose paste
- Save page
The pasted image will display correctly but the image will not be attached to the page. Storage format of the image will look like below.
Confluence is expecting the URL of the image but it is empty.
Reproduced on IE, FF, Safari and Chrome
For details, can refer to the following video
An easy workaround for this is to:
- Paste the image from web into Paint.
- Then select the image in paint and Copy it again
- Paste it on your Confluence page.
The image will be saved as an attachment.
- Copy the image link
- Add the image as web link (Insert Image >> Image from the web >> paste the image url >> click insert)