Confluence 2.7.x now uses the Atlassian User as the underlying user management framework. However, there are situation where:
- There are already local users exist in the Confluence instance
- The local users are a member of some existing local groups with certain permission set
- Having the local username possess the same username in the LDAP server
- Integrating with LDAP leads to:
- The LDAP user (who has the same username as the existing local users) not being a membership of the local groups anymore
- The LDAP user do not possess the group permission/privilege set
It would be nice if Confluence provide the ability to retain the local group membership and permission for LDAP users who have the same username with the local user.