We reviewed this bug and could see that actual root cause is coming from the fact that no "space key" is chosen when adding "create from template" macro to a Global template.
Details of the issue are submitted to the new bug:
New workaround :
- Create / edit a Global template
- Add "create from template" macro
- Make sure to add "space key" at the bottom left of the macro edit form. After that "template name" drop-down will be available.
- Once you create a new page based on the global template, you will need to click "edit" button for "create from template" macro to have space key updated correctly.
When creating or editing a Global Template and trying to add the ‘Create from template’ Macro the macro editor hangs. Dropdowns aren't responsive.
404 error is thrown in the browser console:
- edit regular (non-template) Confluence page and add the ‘Create from template’ Macro to it;
- copy the macro from the page editor;
- edit a Global Template and past the macro copied in previous step;
- save the template - the macro button will work as expected.
If user language is not English, the workaround won't work.