Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Component/s: Content - Attachments
Standalone. Oracle JDK 1.7. Ubuntu Server 13.10 x64.
Support reference count:18
Symptom Severity:Severity 3 - Minor
Bug Fix Policy:
This may or may not be a duplicate of CONF-17621, about EXIF rotation, marked as "won't fix". I understand from that issue that there is some debate about whether this is Confluence's issue or a browser issue. Let me explain my experience.
- I take a picture with my iPhone, it displays it the correct way up
- I email it to myself, Gmail displays it the correct way up
- I accidentally import it into my Google Drive, it displays it the correct way up
- I download it to my Mac, it display it the correct way up
- I import it into Confluence, it displays it the wrong way round
- I start writing this ticket, and have an idea or two...
- I access it in Chrome using a file:// URI, it displays it the right way up
- I boot a Windows 7 VM and ping it over there, it displays it the right way up (perhaps a file:// URI in IE6 would be the nail in the coffin?)