The current design of the App migration platform couples server apps with the CMAs. It has brought some issues in the past.
We want to offer to Marketplace partners a way to integrate with the App Migrations Platform without making their Apps dependent on the CMAs.
Apps only need to expose their listener object and the Cloud Migration Assistant will look for them using the features already provided by OSGi.
Some advantages of the new approach:
- No need to manage dynamic imports
- No need to import the gateway bean
- No need to have object accessors
- No need to register (and unregister) the listener
- No need to inform the server app key (as we know it from the bundle the listener came from)
- No need to track changes to OSGi context
- Apps won't get restarted when CMA restarts
NB: We won't deprecate the old libraries at this moment.