Webhooks creating from the Jira integration with GitHub Enterprise are created with an incorrect URL.
Previously, Push and Pull webhooks were created using the same URL
- Push: JIRA_BASE_URL/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/XXXXXXX/sync
- Pull request: JIRA_BASE_URL/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/XXXXXXX/sync
But in 7.13.8 and 8.5.x, the push webhook is being created as an incorrect payload JIRA_BASE_URL/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/XXXXXXX/repo/sync resulting in Invalid HTTP response: 415.
This bug specifically affects webhook operation (eg. smart commit). DVCS can fallback to the hourly sync to fetch changes from GH/E. However, it means changes can delay up to 1 hour before they got across in Jira.
- Install Jira 7.13.8
- Connect Jira to Github Enterprise
Webhook created with the correct payload URL
Webhook created with incorrect payload URL resulting in 415
This issue affects Jira version released after July 2019
Remove "/repo" from the payload URL manually, webhook work properly, or by rest API directly to Github:
- Grab all webhooks from each repo:
This will return the following, we are looking for any webhook IDs that have the offending url pattern (/repo) in this case it would be "id": 252018187:
- Then we'd make another call to each webhook ID identified with the right URL pattern: