When trying to import Issues via CSV into Next-gen Projects in Jira, the CSV importer fails to assign the Issues to the defined Issue Types and assigns it to a default Story/Task Issue Type.
- Next-gen Project
- External System Import
- Prepare a CSV file with the Issue Type header with defined values (Epic, Bug, Custom,...)
- Import the CSV file into a Next-gen Project
- In the field mapping step, map the Issue Type field to their respective Issue Types
- Issues are created as the defined Issue Types from the file (Epic, Bug, Custom,...)
All of the Issues are created as a Story or Task Issue Type (varies per Project).
- Import the CSV file into a Classic Software Project instead
- Move the issues from the Classic Software Project to the Next-gen Project