When attachments are added via email through JSD mail handler with the same filename then there is a suffix added to the new attachment as per this bug
But, the new attachment is being pushed to the bottom of the comment, and then references to that file always point to the oldest version of that file.
- Configure email in Project settings > Email requests
- Send an email with say three images (image001.png, image002.png, image003.png)
- Check the comment in Jira service desk ticket, there should be three images aligned without any issues
- Reply on the above email and expand the trial
- In the new email body, add another three images, but name one of the image with same name as in step2, we will consider a new image with the same name (image001.png)
- Send the email
- To fix the bug
, there is a suffix added to the new attachment (image001-1.png) in a scenario when there are two attachments with the same names JSDSERVER-5054
- Above statement is an expected behavior
- But, if we see the new comment in Jira service desk ticket agent view and customer portal view, the new attachment is pushed to the bottom and the old image is being referenced in place of new attachment
The newly added attachment should not be pushed to the bottom of the comment and old image should not be referenced in place of new attachment
Currently, there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available.