Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 3.3.0, 3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.6.0, 3.7.0, 3.8.0, 3.9.0, 3.10.0, 3.11.0, 3.12.0
Component/s: Customer Organisation
Symptom Severity:Severity 3 - Minor
Bug Fix Policy:
Thank you for providing input on improvements to JIRA Service Desk.
We recommend that agents add organisations in one of the following ways:
- To add an organisation when you raise a ticket: In the agent view, use the Raise a request link in the sidebar to go to the portal and raise a ticket on behalf of the customer (check out our documentation here).
- To add an organisation to an existing ticket: In the agent view, view an issue and update the Organization field in the People panel.
Our original vision was for both customers and agents to create requests from the portal or email, not the agent view. But, from the feedback we've received so far, we understand that this method doesn't work for all teams. To help us improve this experience in the future, we're changing this bug to a feature request so we can continue to gather feedback.
— JIRA Service Desk Team
The organization field can be added to the Create Screen but once added, it actually doesn't appear in the screen when creating new issues
- Add the Organization field to the Create Issue screen of a Service Desk project
- Try to create an issue via JIRA (not customer portal)
- The Organization field is visible and can be selected
The field doesn't appear in the screen
It correctly appears in the Edit Issue scren
No known workaround