Currently it is possible to navigate from JIRA to the portal, but not from the portal back to JIRA. This suggestion is to add a way for a customer with a JIRA license to navigate from the portal to the JIRA interface.
- JIRA interface refers to JIRA Core, JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk when viewing the project through the JIRA project view.
As a user of JIRA Software as well as JIRA Service Desk. I frequently find myself moving between these two applications. I would like an easy way to navigate between the customer portal and the JIRA interface.
- Currently there is no navigation from the portal back to JIRA. I find myself going to the URL and removing the Service Desk portion so that I am taken back to JIRA.
- When working in JIRA Software, I must enter the URL for the Service Desk portal in order to access the portal and create a request. There is no navigation I can use to access the portal. (A workaround is provided below)
- The Service Desk menu at the top of the JIRA can be used to navigate to the portal (Service Desk > Create Service Desk Request)
- This menu was removed in JIRA 7. You can use Application Navigator to link to the customer portal URL. JIRA users can then use the application navigator to reach the Service Desk portal.