If a Confluence site and space have been set to allow anonymous access then in JIRA Service Desk it'll be possible to view the page if you are a logged in user without Confluence access. However, any attachments on that page will not be visible.
- JSD v2.6.0-OD-02-001-D20150616T012333
- Confluence Cloud 5.9.0-OD-55-030
- Create a user that has access to JIRA and is only in the jira-users group
- Connect a service desk with a Confluence space
- Set up the Confluence space to allow anonymous access
- Set up the Confluence site to allow anonymous access
- In the connected Confluence space create a page and attach an image, then embed that image on the page.
- Get the user in step 1 to access the Customer Portal and search for the page in Step 5.
Full page including attachments are displayed
Only the text of the page is displayed, no embedded images or documents attached to the page will display.
If the user is a JIRA Service Desk 'Customer' then they will be able to view the attachments. Alternatively you'll need to give the user Confluence Application Access.
If you are on JIRA Service Desk 1 Pricing Model then you'll need to move to the version 2 pricing model in order to allow 'Customer' access.