If there's an Automation rule to reopen a case on comment, resolving a case with comment will cause the issue to be reopened immediately after resolving it.
- Create a Service Desk project from the Sample data.
- Create an Automation Rule to run as project default and enable the rule.
- WHEN: Comment is added
- IF: Issue matches: Status = "Resolved"
Comment is public
- THEN: Transition issue: Reopen issue
- Create a Service Desk issue from JIRA.
- Assign the issue to yourself.
- Resolve the issue by clicking on the Resolve this issue transition button.
- Insert a comment and click on the Resolve button.
- Refresh the page.
Issue stays Resolved based on selected resolution.
Issue is reopened. Checking on the issue history, issue was resolved and then reopened.
You have to add the IF condition "Comment is primary action" to your automation rule