When adding a comment with a reference to an attachment, it is easy to accidentally cause later text in the comment to become superscripted.
Chrome v 56.x, JIRA Software 7.3.1
- Create a new issue in any project.
- Attach a file to the issue of any type.
- Click Comment. Ensure that the visual editor is selected.
- Click the attachments dropdown and select the file you just attached.
- Type any character (for example, q).
- Press backspace.
- Press enter.
- Add more text to the comment (for example, hi there, hello).
Text appears normal.
Text is superscripted.
Was not able to reproduce issue in Firefox or IE. Does not occur with image attachments.
Select the plain "Text" editor and remove the caret symbols bracketing the superscripted text.