Within a Comment or Description type field, adding an attachment link in the comment, and creating a bullet list or numbered list will sometimes incorrectly superscript the text that follows
- Replicated in Jira 8.4.1 with Chrome 77.0.3865.90
- Attach a file to a Jira issue
- Create a new comment on that issue, be sure to use the visual text editor in the comment
- Using the paperclip icon in the text editor, add a link to that uploaded attachment
- Then click either the bullet list OR numbered list
- Move the cursor to the end of the line (either via mouse click or keyboard arrow keys)
- Press Enter/Return to get a new line in the list
- Enter some additional text
The entered text should appear normally.
The entered text instead is superscripted
Switching over to Text editor mode we can see that the caret symbol appears ot be getting added to the text on that line, and subsequent lines.
Using the Text editor mode instead of Visual editor mode is one way to work past this bug.