Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Won't Do
Severity 3 - Minor
Creating a Looping transitions on a workflow from "Any Status" to "Itself" after creation, you cannot be able to use the Advanced Configuration options as the links to it would be broken.
Steps to Reproduce
- Goto any Workflow, add the "Any Status" to "Itself" transition and give it a name
- Click on the newly added transition, on the right side of the screen where the Workflow Advanced configuration pops up for ( Properties, Conditions, Post-function etc.)
- Clicking on any of those URL links shows a 404 error.
The URL link should be able to work
The Link appears to have appended a workflow step parameter with "undefined" value and thus returns a 404 page when clicked.
It seems as though Jira is expecting a workflow Status Step where there's none, as the transition is a loop to itself. Hence the "undefined" value added to the parameter.
- Save the workflow first before trying to access those Advanced Configuration.
- Reload the Workflow Configuration Page, before clicking on the Advanced configuration options.
- is related to
JRACLOUD-72730 UX: Facilitate natural discovery of global looping transitions
- Gathering Interest
- relates to
JRACLOUD-72667 Any Status Transition to itself on Workflow doesn't show on New Issue View
- was cloned as
JRASERVER-69873 Looping Transitions Workflow returns a Broken link for Advanced Configuration after creation.
- Gathering Impact