Natively, Jira counts with a great and very convenient feature: global reflexive transitions.
However, that feature is really difficult to discover, as it currently requires to:
- Enter the workflow editor in diagram mode.
- Click on the Add transition button (please, note that the most popular method for adding transitions is drag&drop on status nodes).
- Select Any status in the From status dropdown field.
- Select Itself in the To status dropdown field.
- Add a Name & click on the Save button.
Counting with more intuitive ways through the UI for creating this kind of transition would be desirable.
Maybe it would be a good idea prompting a dialog on creating a looping transition (a transition from a status to itself). The dialog could show a concise text and a couple of buttons:
- Text: Looping transitions are frequently useful from other statuses too. Would you like to create a global looping transition?
- Button 1: Make global
- Button 2: No, thanks
Additionally, a Read more or icon would ideally link to a documentation page which explained the advantages of using global looping transitions.