When a search is performed using pasted text from Microsoft Excel, Jira adds the text copied from Excel as an image attachment.
Jira Cloud & Microsoft Excel
- View any issue in the new Jira issue view
- Copy a string from Microsoft Excel
- Trigger issue search via the side panel or the keyboard shortcut '/'
- Paste the string into the Search Jira field
- Cancel the search by clicking anywhere or the keyboard shortcut 'ESC'
- Observe the attachment
No attachment added
Search text is added to Jira issue as an image file (.png)
- This only affects text or string copied from Microsoft Excel. Text or string from Microsoft Word or Google Sheet is not affected
- This also seems to happen when there is more media than text in what is copied, having an image in the clipboard also causes the same behavior.
Disable the new issue view. To do it, please follow the steps described below: Go to Jira home page and click on the avatar at the bottom-left of the screen and then click on Personal settings Under Jira labs, next to New Jira issue view for software projects, disable this feature by clicking on the green button (it will become gray and a feedback pop-up will appear)
There is no workaround at this time as We're currently transitioning everyone to the new issue view, so you're no longer able to switch back to the old issue view. Learn more