Custom field drop-down single select does not sync to EI when an option is removed in Details Panel Settings.
- Create a custom field drop-down (single select) with a few options in Administration → Details Panel Settings
- Go to the correct work item and select option 2+ (not the first one since we can't delete it), save
- Remove the selected option in Details Panel Settings
- Refresh the work item page and see that it has no option selected
- API correctly returns null for that custom field
- Observe EI Custom Dropdown field does not update to NULL
NULL value should be synced to EI, the same as when updating the field manually to 'Select One' non-option.
EI shows the previous dropdown value which is now invalid.
Currently, there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available.
When removing a custom field option in Details Panel Settings, make sure to check which items could be affected by it and manually change their selection to the correct one.