The POST call to FileTransferHandler silently throws an HTTP 400 error when importing files with a .xml extension.
- Prepare the import file as usual
- Save it with the .xml extension – e.g. import.xml
- Browse to the Import your backlog using Excel page, then click the Browse button
- Select the import.xml file in the local file system
- Notice the loading bar animation gets red, very briefly, then vanishes. No work items are displayed (all work item counts are zeroed)
- The system accepts xml file without errors.
- An HTTP 400 error is thrown in the background
- The loading bar animation very briefly displays red, then vanish. No other visual cue or message toaster is presented to the user, informing about the POST call error.
- In the operating system, rename the import file from import.xml to file.xls
XML files are typically produced by MacOS users. This is mentioned in Help Center article 10X: Import Objects Via Excel Overview
For Mac OS users only, when you save the file to import your items back to the system, save the file as a .xml (Excel 2004 XML spreadsheet) file. Then, locate the updated file in your file directory and manually change its extension to .xls. This will format the file so that Jira Align can import it.