If a dependency is added to a feature with a Committed by date that is after the target completion date of the feature, then this will correctly show a planning issue, in red against the feature (when the details of the feature are opened from the Program Board)
If that dependency is then changed so that the Committed Date is before Target then the planning issue remains with a red status.
Testing has showed that if both the Committed by Date and Needed by Date are set to before target then the dependency status returns to Black. However as the critical date for planning issue status should be the Committed by Date this is misleading as the work is planned for on-time completion even if the Needed By date is later,.
NOTE: This bug ticket was created based on feedback in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAALIGN-1554
Have reproduced issue in our cloud 10.106.4 instance - screenshots are from this internal test environment
- Created a Jira Epic (JA Feature) with 2 associated stories that were both in an active sprint) (this was done in Jira, and then synched to Jira Align)
- Also created some future sprints in the same board in Jira
- Checked that this Feature (Jira Epic) and the stories were showing correctly In Jira Align (including assigned sprints etc)
- Made sure there were two other teams in Jira Align and that the sprints had been created for all 3 teams
- Opened the Program Board in Jira Align and set the Target Completion Date for the Feature to the end of the active sprint
- Created 6 Dependencies all for the same Feature as follows
- Dependency between Primary Team and Secondary Team with Committed Date before the Target Date (312 in Dependencies Screenshot)
- Dependency between Primary Team and Secondary Team with initial Committed Date after the target, but this date was then changed to before target (313 in Dependencies Screenshot)
- Dependency between Primary Teams and Secondary Team with Committed Date after target date (314 in Dependencies Screenshot)
- Dependency between two secondary teams with Committed Date before the Target Date (315 in Dependencies Screenshot)
- Dependency between two secondary teams with initial Committed Date after the target, but this date was then changed to before target (316 in Dependencies Screenshot)
- Dependency between two secondary teams with with Committed Date after target date (314 in Dependencies Screenshot)
- Checking the Program Board - the colour status for the Feature in the swimlane for the Primary Team is red.
- Open the details of the Feature from this view and checking the Dependencies list, shows
- a red warning stating "Some of the dependencies for this Feature are scheduled in Sprint past Feature due date"
- the two dependencies that were always committed before target date (312 & 315) show a black status (expected)
- the two dependencies that started off being committed after target date and then moved to committed before target date (313 & 316) show a red status (NOT expected)
- the two dependencies that have always been committed for after the target date (314 & 317) show a red status (expected)
If Committed By date is before target then planning status for dependency should be black (irrespective of previous history or needed by date)
When Committed By date was after target and moved to before the target then planning status for dependency is red (unless Needed By Date is also changed)
Adjust both Needed By and Committed by Dates to before the Target set for the feature,.