In the Backlog page, when selecting Columns Shown, the terms Main View and Small View are used but there are no clues as to what they really means.
- Browse to the Backlog page
- Define portfolio and PI, as necessary
- Click Columns Shown button; the Customize your Columns window shows up
- Notice Main View and Small View header and corresponding checkboxes
- The definition and respective difference between Main View and Small View should be clear.
PdM to confirm
- User is unsure as to what they means
- Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available.
The main view is the standard view you get when you land at the Backlog page. You can select up to 5 columns to display in this view.
When the user clicks on the Unassigned Backlog button, the Backlog page gets split in two regions: the displays the unassigned work items and the , which is the backlog itself, but now displaying less columns (up to two). This modified view is the small view. You can select up to 2 columns to display in this view.
Notice the right side also displays the same columns.