Time Tracking : Timesheet Export throws error "Operation is not allowed when the object is closed." in the export file, hence it can't be regularly opened in Excel.
- The issue can be noticed when there are huge amount of data being processed.
- The error in the export file looks like:
- Investigating server-side logs, SQL queries and Stored Procedures, we've found multiple timeout errors while executing RPM_GET_TIMESHEET_EXPORT stored procedure.
- As a pre-requisite, one must have a huge data set of time tracking-related data to attempt timesheet export.
- Click on Time Tracking
- Go to Reports
- Scroll down and click Timesheet Export
- Set Time Period to Extract Period
- Set Period to any full month long period e.g. "Jan 1 2020 – Jan 31 2020"
- Click Export button
- A consistent report file containing timesheet data for the corresponding selections.
- A report file containing an error message.
- Multiple timeout errors while executing RPM_GET_TIMESHEET_EXPORT stored procedure in the logs.
- Narrow down the amount of data getting processed by:
- Informing a single User at a time;
- Shrinking the time period for the report;
- Apply any additional filter which is available on Timesheet Export page: region, time approver, etc